Looking for something to do on Sunday, April 30th? I have the perfect Sunday Funday for you!
The 30th Annual Blessing of the Fleet & Seafood Festival is right around the corner, and it is so much fun! Held at Mt. Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park, the festival pays tribute to Mount Pleasant’s local shrimping and fishing industry, offering a boat parade, live music, craft show and lots of free activities with the picturesque Ravenel Bridge and Charleston Harbor for a backdrop! It doesn’t get much better than this!
There will be limited parking available at Memorial Waterfront Park so for easiest access, park & ride! Two shuttle bus routes will be available offering plenty of convenient and easy offsite parking (buses will have plenty of room for loading up all your festival supplies). Park and ride from the following locations for FREE:
- East Cooper Medical Center, Mullis Building
- James B. Edwards Elementary School
- Moultrie Middle School/Farmers Market Pavilion
- Cheryll Woods-Flowers Sports Complex
Here is the Schedule of Events for the day:
- 11:00 am Saluda Shoals
- 12:30 pm National Anthem, Mayor’s Welcome
- 12:45 pm Blessing Procession on Pier
- 1:00 pm Boat Parade & Blessing of the Fleet
- 2:00 pm East Coast Party Band
- 3:30 pm Shrimp Eating Contest
- 4:00 pm Shag Dance Competition
- 5:00pm Festival Ends
Hope to see you there!