Picture provided by HMdb.org
Built in 1899 by Henry Patjens, this quaint15x20 foot building served as Mt. Pleasant’s first free-standing post office. The Patjens family acted as Postmasters until 1917. Today, the building is owned by the Alhambra Garden Club, who have restored and maintained the building as it stands today on the corner of Pitt and Bank streets in Edwards Park.
Learn more about this Historical Marker, as well and the entire HISTORICAL MARKER DATABASE, provided by HMdb.org.