The local real estate market finished strong in 2022, with Lower Mt. Pleasant seeing a 20% increase in home prices over this time last year (click for more details). Market indicators suggest 2023 will be no different. Here are some take-aways from experts as well as my predictions for the upcoming year:
- Inventory will remain relatively low
- Prices will remain steady, however, sellers will find that an aspirational sales price may need to be adjusted down to fit the market
- Interest rates will continue to vary
- Out of town buyers will still move to Charleston for its amenities, weather, food, lifestyle and low taxes
- Multiple offers are on the decline
- Days on market will likely increase and buyers will have an opportunity to take a breath
The Real Estate market is local, down to your neighborhood, down to your street. I specialize in this market and I’m happy to provide expert knowledge based on data and years of experience. Please contact me at Jackie@TheCassinaGroup.com if I can help!